Thursday, August 16, 2012

Handugan

I have been to this Filipino restaurant 3 times now.  I first discovered their wonderful Turon (fried banana with jackfruit) a week ago.



I have been buying some of their daily dishes to see what is good.  I have tried their Chicken Adobo which is not bad  (my mother's is still the best), Shanghai Lumpia which is also good though I prefer them with shrimps in it. I tried their Tortang Talong (eggplant cooked in egg) and I did like it. I also ordered the Puso ng Saging sa Gata (heart of the banana cooked in coconut milk); I liked that a lot but my son Erik didn't care for it.


Yesterday, I bought some Tocino (pork), Menudo, without the liver (which I hate), and a new pork dish I have never heard of called Dinakdakan which I loved! Apparently it is made with mayonnaise, onions and ginger.  This is a specialty in the province of Bicol in the Philippines. I also got some boneless Bangus (milk fish), that was nice eating and stress free as you didn't have to struggle with bones. This was drizzled with Filipino vinegar (the way we normally eat this). Of course, all these dishes were accompanied with steamed white rice.



I still have to try the many other dishes like their Pancit Palabok, Mami, Lechon Kawali.

Handugan is a small restaurant located at 21616 Figueroa St., Carson, Ca. Their phone number is 310 320-4500.  Make sure they have Turon (fried bananas) as this alone will make it worth your trip.  The times I was there has been very hot. They do have electric fans going as the air condition either does not work or it is non existant. Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment