Monday, August 6, 2012

Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables

The Bird's Eye Steam Fresh Vegetables in the freezer section of Ralph's Market was on sale today,  3 packages for $5.00 which is enough for 3 people. I thought I would try it; easy enough as you don't even have to defrost it.  From the freezer to the microwave and in 5 1/2 minutes, they are done.



I will have to experiment and see if it makes a difference cooking it for less time. The recommended time made the vegetables overcooked...too well done which my husband loves and I hate.  It was like eating canned vegetables.

My friend Amy  gave me some apple sauce she made from their home grown apples.  I decided to make pork chops which I marinated in vinegar and soy sauce and fried them in a bit of olive oil.  I also made some  wild mushroom couscous on the side.  It complemented the pork quite well.



The best part of this meal was not my pork chops....it was the delicious apple sauce that Amy made with the help of her official apple peeler; her husband Nako.

No comments:

Post a Comment